We came across this version of coriander-mint chutney at one of the restaurants in Canada and instantly fell in love with the pleasant warm, fresh, aromatic, sweet-spicy and cool mint flavour. We attempted various versions of this chutney and were finally able to establish the best possible version. It is really quick and easy to make and hope you enjoy this condiment too.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 6 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp black salt (or as per taste)
- Grind together chillies, garlic, ginger with 2 tbsp yogurt for a minute;
- Now add coriander leaves and mint leaves, black salt and 2 tbsp yogurt and mix all ingredients with a spoon. Now coarsely grind for another minutes and if you feel it needs more liquid then add 1 tbsp yogurt.
- Taste the chutney for spice, salt and sourness and if required add more green chilly, salt or yogurt as per taste*.
The chutney is now ready to be served. It can be served with any fried or baked fish and meat with sliced raw onion and lime/lemon juice.
- As this chutney is not very thick, you can grind it in the usual mixer. I however used a hand mixer.