I saw my mom preparing different versions of raita as I was growing up. The main ingredients was yogurt and the other items were all seasonal vegetables. If you have a very spicy dish then raita is the best option to have as a condiment as it cools the palate.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup finely cut cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely cut red onions
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 1/2 cup of freshly cut dil leaves
- Beat yogurt till it is smooth and creamy
- Add black salt and chat masala powder and mix it thoroughly. If you feel salt is less then you can add some of it at this stage.
- Now add all remaining ingredients and slowly mix it by hand. You can add more salt or chat masala if you feel it is not adequate.
The dilli raita is ready to be served. You can serve it with Saffron Rice or Biryani