- 600 gms. Gram flour (Besan)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Garlic paste
- ¾ tbsp. Ginger paste
- ¾ tbsp. Ajwain
- ½ tsp. Asafoetida (Hing)
- 3 tsp. Chilly powder
- 2 ½ tsp. salt or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
Direction for preparing Karakaddi
- Sieve the gram flour and chilly powder in a mixing bowl. This will help in preventing lumps during mixing;
- Now mix garlic paste, ginger paste, ajwain, Hing and salt.
- Slowly add water to knead it into a very thick paste. When you pick up the dough, it should not drip but remain in your hands.
- Press this mixture through the mould into the hot oil and fry till light brown.
- Prepare a colander by placing some paper tissues at the bottom. Once fried, transfer the karakaddi to this colander so that all excess oil is absorbed in the tissue and remaining will drop in the plate below the colander.
- Once cooled, store in airtight containers.