Ingredients for marination:
- 500 gms Goat cut into pieces of desired length
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp chicken korma powder*
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger paste
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt as per your taste
Ingredients for cooking:
- 2 medium red onions finely cut
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 medium tomato finely cut
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp chicken korma powder*
- 1 medium diced potato
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp dried kasturi methi (crushed very finely by hands)
- Clean, wash and marinate the meat with all the ingredients for marination mentioned above. Keep the marinated meat in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, heat coconut oil and fry onion till it changes colour slightly.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic, bay leaf, green cardamom and cinnamon stick and fry well.
- Now add tomatoes and salt and fry for a minute or two;
- Add kashmiri chilly powder and chicken korma powder and mix well;
- Add the meat to this mix and bring all the mixture to a boil;
- Now transfer all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours depending on the quantity and quality of the meat;
- When it is almost done, add medium diced potato and coconut milk. Cook for around 25 minutes;
- After the meat is well done, crush kasturi methi in your hands and sprinkle it on top the meat alongwith finely chopped fresh coriander.
- Remove from heat and serve it with Kori Roti or rice or chappati/roti.
- If you don’t have chicken korma powder, then you can add instead 1 tbsp coriander powder + 1 tbsp cumin powder + 1 tbsp garam masala powder.