Ingredients: (Makes 77)
- 6 Cups fine Semolina (Rava/Sooji)
- 1 cup Raisins
- 2 ½ cup Pure Ghee
- 4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cardamom powder
How to make Rava Laddu:
- Powder the sugar in a coffee grinder and keep aside
- Fry raisin in a little ghee in a small pan and once the raisins are bloated, remove them in a small plate and keep it aside to cool **
- Add the remaining ghee in a separate big pan
- Once hot, add semolina and stir to ensure that the ghee is spread to all the semolina
- Now add Cardamom powder and roast the semolina until you can get the smell of the roasted semolina and the colour has changed slightly to brownish. Add the raisin and stir for a minute.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool slightly.
- The moment you can touch the semolina add sugar and mix it up. Immediately start making laddu balls and keep it aside on a tray greased with butter to cool completely.
- Keep it outside to cool and harden for at least 3-4 hours;
- You can keep it in an airtight container for a week or two and then later in the fridge for a month.
- The taste and texture will be different if you use vegetable ghee. Also, you may have to add a little more vegetable ghee
- Do not use the remaining ghee with which you fried the raisins as the colour and flavour of the laddu will change undesirably.
- If the balls are not forming and falling apart, take a little cold milk in the plate aside, add some drops of milk to each balls forming in your hand and press to form the balls.