Ingredients: (makes 57 chaklis)
- 340 gms Rice flour
- 115 gms Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tbsp black sesame seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp Chili powder (I took 1.5 tsp as I want less spice)
- 4 tsp. salt or as per your taste
- Oil as required
How to make Rice Chakli:
- Sieve rice flour, gram flour and chilly powder into a mixing bowl;
- Melt butter and add into the mixing bowl with all other remaining ingredients mentioned above
- Add water and knead to make a very soft pliable dough. When you take the dough in your hand, it should not drip down but should remain in your hands
- Press the dough through the mould into hot oil
- Fry the chakli till crispy and slightly brown.
- Prepare a colander by placing some paper tissues at the bottom. Once fried, transfer the chaklis to this colander so that all excess oil is absorbed in the tissue and remaining will drop in the plate below the colander.
- Once cooled, store in airtight containers
- You can substitute black sesame seed with white sesame seed.
- Instead of round shape you can put it randomly on the stove