Soup is considered as a very important part of the meal. Just like salad, having a bowl of soup have a lot of health benefits as you get to eat more veggies packed with nutrients. A warm bowl of soup can hit the spot on a cold day and especially on those days if anyone is down with cold or flu.
You can have homemade soup or canned soup. However, homemade soup is a better choice, as canned soup may contain chemical BPA and is often high in sodium.
Soups are always welcomed in our household be it for any occasion. However, if anyone has a cold, then the soup is a must in that event. Today my better half is down with a cold and prepared the soya version of his favourite chicken soup. Hope you all enjoy it.
- 4 pieces of chicken (breast or thigh)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 fist of chopped onion
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 2 medium cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 4-5 glasses of water
- Add onions in heated oil and allow it to sauté;
- Then add peppercorn, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, ginger and garlic and stir the mixture in the pan;
- Once the mixture has sautéed for 2-3 minutes, add chicken and mix it up. When the chicken has become a little brown turn it on the other side. Allow it to brown a little on both sides;
- Now add turmeric powder and stir the mixture;
- Add 4-6 glasses of water or how much soup you desire and allow the mixture to boil. You can also add 1/2 tsp chilly sauce if you want it spicier;
- Once the mixture has begun to boil add soya sauce and salt;
- If the chicken has cooked, then the soup is ready to be served.
You can add either fried noodles or boiled noodles as a topping.