- 6 cups flat rice flakes (poha)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- ½ tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 fist of curry leaves
- 3 tbsp roasted and peeled whole peanuts
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts
- ½ cup of thin coconut slices (dried)
- 2 tsp sugar granules (not very fine sugar) or as desired
- 6 tbsp raisins (golden yellow)
- 1/2 tsp salt or as desired
- Heat the coconut oil in a Kadai on a medium flame and fry raisins till they bloat. Keep it aside in a plate;
- Add mustard seed. Once it has finished spluttering add cumin seeds, chillies and curry leaves;
- After a minute, add peanuts, cashew nuts and stir the mix;
- Then add coconut slices, turmeric powder and hing powder and stir the mixture;
- Now add the poha and stir it well.
- Continue stirring the poha mixture till all poha has become yellow and looks little crispy;
- Remove from fire and add sugar*.
- You can more sugar as per your taste if you prefer sweeter chivda
- Do not fry the poha too much otherwise, it will get burned.