- ½ cup ragi
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup chopped onions
- 4 green chillies
- ¼ lemon (or as per your taste)
- ¼ tsp salt (or as per your taste)
- ½ cup water
- cooking oil to grease the non-stick pan
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside. I am using eggs as Ragi is very sticky by itself and will not come out clean as a dosa. If you don’t like eggs, you can substitute 2-3 tbsp of rice flour or all-purpose flour.
- Now slowly mix ragi with water little by little to get a smooth thick paste
- Add the beaten eggs, onions, chillies and mix well. The consistency should be that of dosa mix – not too thin and not too thick.
- Add lemon juice and salt and mix well or you can use the egg beater to mix it
- Grease a non-stick pan with cooking oil
- When the oil has heated up, add a ladle (deep spoonful or 1/3 cup) of mix on this pan or as per your desire depending on how big is your pan.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn the on the other side. If you feel the dosa has not cooked then give it a few more minutes
Your Ragi dosa is ready.
You can also see the visual presentation on our YouTube Channel here