We came across this fish during one of our recent cottage trips with family friends. One of our family friends loves fishing and had recently purchased a boat for this expedition. As soon as we landed in that cottage which was adjacent to the lake, they decided to try their luck with fishing. Well we all were excited and looking forward to the booty that they would catch. We were pleasantly surprised to see this fish in their hand when they came aboard on the docking station. As we love to always try new dishes, we decided to give this fish a try. Well, the outcome was so delicious that it was not enough for us and next day they embarked again on their expedition. This is how we got hooked to this awesome fish with its white and flaky meat with a mild sweet flavour. Hope you all enjoy this awesome fish.
Ingredients for Marination:
- 2 medium Pickerel
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- 1 tsp chicken korma masala powder *
- 1.5 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Salt as per taste
1. De-scale the fish and cut into desired slices. I always get this done at the grocery store itself;
2. Wash the fish and keep aside in a strainer for the water to drain out*;
3. Now mix all the balance ingredient in a small bowl and then apply it to the fish. Keep it aside for 3-4 hours*;
4. Fry on a medium to slow flame for 2-3 minutes on each side or till it is cooked;
- Do not pat dry the fish as it will become very dry and difficult to apply the marination paste;
- The longer you keep the marination on before frying the better it will taste.