2 kg New Zealand Spring Lamb
Ingredients for marination:
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 rbsp crushed ginger
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp korma powder *
- 3 tbsp chilly flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Clean the meat of any excesa fat and keep a very light layer of fat. Wash the meat and keep it aside for 15 minutes to drain the water.
- Mix all the ingredients under marination and apply it generously on the meat.
- Keep the marinated meat in the fridge overnight or 24 hours if possible covered with a cling wrap
- Lightly grease the baking tray with olive oil and bake the lamb for a total of 4 hours. However, you have to turn over the meat after 2 hours and brush it with a little oil.
- Bake at initially for 1st 350 degrees and then 325 degrees for remaining 3 hours
- You can add potatoes or onions in the last stage of baking. I love soft caramelized onions so just after 3 hours of baking, I added onions. If you don’t like caramelized onion then add a little later maybe around 3 and 1/2 hour after baking.
- Return the baking pan into the oven and cook for an hour or well done.
Your lamb is now ready. Enjoy
- If you dont have korma powder, then use any other readily available powder such as bafat powder, kadai powder, malvani masala, etc. Only taste will differ.
You can view the video presentation on this receipe below