Ingredients: (Make 95 balls)
- ½ cup rum*
- 2 tin condensed milk
- 5 cup non-sweet desiccated coconut (not powdered)
- 15 tbsp. (heap) of powdered biscuit (either Maria or Arrowroot)*
- 6 tbsp. (heap) of Cocoa powder
- ½ cup Chocolate or multicoloured sprinkles for decoration (optional)
How to make Rum Balls:
- Powder the biscuits in a food processor and keep aside.
- Pour condensed milk into a bowl, add cocoa powder and 8 tbsp. of rum and mix well with a big wooden spoon;
- Add coconut and mix well. The batter could be sticky now;
- Now add powdered biscuit and form into pliable dough. If the dough is very dry then add a little rum, if the dough is very sticky add more powdered biscuit and a little cocoa powder.
- Shape into balls, roll in a little rum and dry coarse coconut and keep aside on a greased plate for around 3-4 hours to dry it out. **
- Place them in a box and then into a refrigerator. It should be consumed within a month.
- You can use any rum. I used Bacardi dark rum;
- You can use any biscuits. I used Maria biscuits;
- After about an hour move them around in case they are stuck to the plate.
- You can roll them in sprinkles for decoration or dry coconut prior to serving or consuming.
- If you want half the quantity, then divide the ingredients into half