Ingredients: (makes 36-40)
- 1 Tin condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa
- 3 Packets (approximately 75) biscuits (either Maria or Arrowroot).
- 2 Packet smarties
- 1/4 Tbsp. vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp. nuts (optional) **
|How to make Cocoa Bites:|
- Powder the biscuits in a food processor and keep aside. I used Maria biscuits.
- Pour condensed milk into a bowl, add butter & vanilla essence and mix well with a big spoon;
- Fold in cocoa powder & powdered biscuits and continue mixing till you get the right consistency to make small balls;
- Keep aside for 2 minutes;
- Shape the dough into small round balls and then flatten them;
- Place one smartie in the centre and press down a little gently so that the smarties sticks in the dough but not too much as the dough will crack;
- Place them in a tray which is greased with butter; **
- Keep this tray aside for 3-4 hours so that the Cocoa-bites dries out a little
- After about an hour move them around in case they are stuck to the tray.
- If desired, you can add chopped nuts when making the dough. I did not put any because when I used to add it initially, I could see the nuts and it did not look appetizing.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for about a week and later in the fridge for a month