Ingredients for marination:
- 900 gms Outside Round Roast (Beef)
- 4 black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt or as per your taste
Ingredients for cooking:
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 3 potatoes cut into round slices
- 4-5 tbsp vodka (or any alcohol as per your liking)
- Mix all ingredients for marinating the meat into a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture to the meat and set it aside overnight for marination
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, bay leaf, red chilly powder and let the onions cook till it softens.
- Next add the meat and roast it well on each side for 5-7 minutes. Then cook each side for 30 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the meat from the pan and cut into small slices or pieces as per your liking
- In the same pan add 1tbsp vodka so that the mixture leaves the pan. Now add the potatoes and let it fry for 5-6 minutes each side
- Remove the potatoes and keep aside once its cooked
- In the same pan, add all the sliced meat and add 3-4 tbsp vodka and mix them up. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with fried Potato Chops and fresh coriander
You can view our video presentation for this recipe at below link