- 400 gms Ridge Gourd
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp cumin Seed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup cubed potatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2-3 crushed green chillies
- 1 tsp red chilly powder (if you like more spice)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
Direction to cook:
- Peel the skin of the ridge gourd and cut into small cubes. Wash and keep it aside in a drainer.
- Now heat oil in a pan and when its heated, add mustard seed and after it splutters add cumin seed. Don’t let the cumin seed to fry for a longer time and immediately add onion and stir them.
- Once the onions have soften for around 2-3 minutes, add green chillies and stir, then add garlic and stir and then add curry leaves and stir.
- Fry for a minute and then add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir it around.
- Once the ingredients have fried for a minute or 2, add tomatoes and allow the tomotoes to cook for around 4-5 minutes or till they soften.
- Now add the ridge gourd and after stirring it up, let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add potatoes and cook the dish till the potatoes are cooked for around 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
Your ridge groud veggis is now ready. You can serve it with flat bread or rice.
You can also see our visual presentation on our You Tube Channel here