- 6 cups methi (fenugreek seeds) sprouts cut finely
- 1 cup onion **
- 1 green chilly (small and spicy)**
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup tomato
- 2 tbsp. fresh coconut**
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a pan and cook for about 15-20 minutes till it is cooked.
- Add coconut and let it cook for another 5 minutes
- The dish is ready to serve.
- If you want to decrease the bitterness taste of methi, then you can add more onions
- If you want more spice, then you can add more green chillies
- If you don’t have access to fresh coconut then you can use dry coarse coconut. I used freshly grated coconut.
- I did not use oil in this recipe but will follow up with another recipe with oil and other items.
- You can grow fenugreek sprouts or small methi at home – see link below