- 1 ½ cup Plain Milk
- 2 cup Fine Sugar
- 3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Salt or as per your taste
- ¾ cup Vegetable Ghee
- Oil to fry
Direction for preparing Shankarpali
- Mix vegetable ghee, sugar and milk in a pan and heat it till the sugar melts and the mix starts to boil.
- As soon as the mixture starts boiling, remove it from fire and set it aside to cool down
- Sieve all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl and keep adding a little of the mixture till you can form a nice stiff dough. You should be able to roll this dough into a flat chapatti size and be not too thin or too stiff.
- Now make small balls and roll it out. Cut it with a pizza cutter or knife into small squares.
- Fry in medium heated oil till the sankarpali becomes light brown in colour.
- Prepare a colander by placing some paper tissues at the bottom. Once fried, transfer the Shankarpali to this colander so that all excess oil is absorbed in the tissue and remaining will drop in the plate below the colander.
- Once cooled, store them in airtight containers.
- Instead of all-purpose flour you can use Maida if available